BlackBerry® Game Of Thrones Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE OFFICIAL RULES APPLY TO THE BBM VOICE CHAT WITH JLS CONTEST (“CONTEST”), SPONSORED BY RESEARCH IN MOTION UK LIMITED OF 200 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 3XE (“SPONSOR”). BY ENTERING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER INC. (“TWITTER”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins 10:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on March 19, 2013 and ends at 5:00PM GMT on March 19, 2013 (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must: (a) be a legal resident of United Kingdom; and (b) have reached the age of eighteen (18) years.
Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Contest Administrator, Twitter and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any applicable Contest Judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, follow @UK_BlackBerry on Twitter (http://twitter.com/uk_blackberry). Periodically throughout the Contest Period, invitations will be posted on the @UK_BlackBerry Twitter Page inviting you to enter the Contest by answering a fun Game of Thrones related question (each a “Contest Invitation”). Respond accordingly to a Contest Invitation by tweeting a response including the hashtag #GOTBB to enter (“Entry”).
All Entries must be tweeted by the entrant him/herself by 5:00PM GMT on March 19, 2013 to be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person and per Twitter account throughout the Contest Period. Any Entries received by any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Contest, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.
Any entrant who intentionally and/or fraudulently provides incorrect personal data may be eliminated at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or re-run the Contest and withhold the Prize(s) if, in Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient Entries.
4. INNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At 6:00PM GMT on March 19, 2013 a random draw will be conducted among all eligible Entries to determine the winner (“Winner”). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be informed via Twitter at 10:00AM GMT on March 20, 2013 and will be asked to supply details of their name, the name of their guest (“Guest”) and to confirm that both Winner and Guest have reached the age of eighteen (18) years. If an entrant is found to not be in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification is not responded to within forty-eight (48) hours or any Prize is returned as undeliverable or the entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the entrant will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the Prize is not successfully claimed by Winner by 10:00AM GMT on March 22, 2013, it will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Before being declared a winner, an entrant may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release, prior to delivery of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, Twitter handle, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants.
5. PRIZES: There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”). Prize consists of two (2) entry admissions for the Winner plus a Guest to the Sky Atlantic Season 3 Screening of Game of Thrones screening followed by Q&A session and after party taking place at: One Marylebone, London, NW1 4AQ on March 26, 2013. Arrive at 6:15PM GMT for a 7:00PM GMT start (“Event”).
Prizes are not transferrable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winner will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes, and any other costs, expenses and fees associated with accepting and receiving the Prize. In the event any tax withholding is required by law for any Prize, Winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction.
6. CONDITIONS OF EVENT PARTICIPATION: There will be no physical tickets to attend this Event and admission will be subject to the Winner and Guest providing valid identification documents (including passport) as proof of their identity and age. The Winner and Guest must have reached the age of eighteen (18) years and must complete, sign and return all affidavits, releases and other documents required by Sponsor prior to attending the Event. Winner and Guest must comply with any Event security requirements or Prize may be forfeited in whole or in part, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or cancel the participation of the Winner or Guest due to noncompliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct. Sponsor will not be responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling or changes of the Event in whole or in part.
Acceptance of the Prize is subject to any prevailing terms and conditions of the Event organizer and Event venue and in particular, behaviour, age and safety requirements. No compensation will be payable by the Sponsor if the Winner or their Guest are unable to accept the Prize as stated for whatever reason, including refusal of entry into the Event.
Winner agrees to comply and ensure that their Guest complies with any and all applicable terms of the Event venue. Winner shall be responsible at all times for the acts and omissions of their Guest whilst in attendance at the Event. Either the Sponsor or Event venue may require Winner and their Guest to leave the Event if either (in the sole opinion of the Sponsor or Event venue) is acting in a manner which is inconsistent with the terms of the Event venue, is under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behaves aggressively or offensively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Sponsor or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this Contest (including the Event venue), is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
7. LICENSE TO USE: By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries, emails or tweets or for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error or fraud, which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Contest including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her Entry(ies) who tampers with the entry process.
9. RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND: If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, subject to applicable laws, Sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected Entries. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received up the time of such action. In the event of such an occurrence Sponsor may post a notice on the @UK_BlackBerry Twitter account.
11. RELEASE: By entering, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor, Contest Administrator, Twitter, and any third party retained by or on behalf of Sponsor for the purposes of executing and administering the Contest and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, distributors, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to their participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize; and, (b) that under no circumstances will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees or other court costs, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry, on a non-confidential basis, to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees or contractors or obtained from other entrants or sources other than you. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may remove any Entry at any time.
12. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by, subject to and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the federal, provincial, state, territorial and local laws of England without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute under these Official Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. You irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of England. You further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to these Official Rules.
Any provision in these Official Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
13. WINNER LIST: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: BlackBerry Game of Thrones Contest, A&R Edelman Limited t/a First & 42nd, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT, United Kingdom. All requests for Winner Lists must be received on or before April 13, 2013.
14. SPONSOR’S DETAILS: Sponsor’s registered office is: 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3XE, United Kingdom. Entrants who have any questions regarding the operation of the Contest should contact Contest Administrator at: BlackBerry Game of Thrones Contest, A&R Edelman Limited t/a First and 42nd, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT, United Kingdom, specifying the name of the Contest.
© 2013 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.