OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
WINNERS MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE #BLACKBERRY10LDN FAN EVENT IN LONDON, ENGLAND ON OR AROUND JANUARY 30, 2013 TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE BLACKBERRY DEVICE AND CASE. DEVICES AND CASES WILL NOT BE SHIPPED TO WINNERS. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE EVENT AND ALL ASSOCIATED EXPENSES (INCLUDING ACCOMMODATION IF REQUIRED).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE OFFICIAL RULES APPLY TO THE #BLACKBERRY10LDN COMPETITION ("COMPETITION"), SPONSORED BY RESEARCH IN MOTION UK LIMITED ("SPONSOR"). COMPETITION IS ADMINISTERED BY A&R EDELMAN LIMITED (“COMPETITION ADMINISTRATOR”). BY ENTERING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS COMPETITION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER INC. (“TWITTER”).
1. COMPETITION PERIOD: The Competition begins at 12:00:01 am Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on January 10, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm GMT on January 13, 2013 ("Competition Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible you must be a legal resident of the United Kingdom and be aged 18 over.
Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Competition Administrator, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Competition, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related are not eligible to participate.
By entering this Competition, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Competition Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Competition.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, follow @UK_BlackBerry on Twitter (http://twitter.com/uk_blackberry). During the Competition Period, tweet @UK_BlackBerry a ten (10) word story telling us what you are most excited about for BlackBerry 10, and include the hashtag #BlackBerry10LDN (an “Entry”).
All Entries must be tweeted by the entrant him/herself during the Competition Period to be eligible. Entries that are tweeted either before or after the Competition Period are not eligible. There is a limit of ten (10) Entries per person and per Twitter account throughout the Competition Period. Any Entries received by any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries submitted using multiple Twitter accounts are not permitted. The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Competition, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.
Any entrant who intentionally and/or fraudulently provides incorrect personal data may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the Twitter account at the time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or re-run the Competition and withhold the Prize(s) if, in Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient Entries.
- An Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- An Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Competition;
- An Entry must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- An Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- An Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- An Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where that Entry is created.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the end of the Competition Period, a panel of qualified Sponsor-selected judges (“Judges”) will evaluate each Entry based on the following equally weighted judging criteria: (i) Creativity; (ii) Relevance; and (iii) Overall impression. The best Fifteen (15) Entries, as determined by the Judges, will be eligible to receive a Prize. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criterion, continuing thereafter to the next criterion, as needed, to break the tie. The Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners.
The fifteen selected entrants will be informed via Twitter direct message between January 18, 2013 and January 23, 2013. If an entrant is found to not be in compliance with these Official Rules, if the prize notification is not responded to within forty-eight (48) hours or the entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the entrant will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to the entrant submitting, in the opinion of the Judges, the next best Entry. An entrant may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release, prior to being declared a winner and receiving details of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, Twitter handle, mailing address and/or telephone number of an entrant, which impacts on their ability to receive notification as a winner and/or subsequent Prize details.
5. PRIZES: There are fifteen (15) prizes available to be won (each a "Prize"). Each Prize consists of one (1) BlackBerry 10 smartphone, one (1) smartphone case and an invitation for the winner and one (1) guest to the #BlackBerry10LDN Fan Event which will take place in London, England on or around January 30, 2013 (“Event”). Actual date and location will be confirmed by Sponsor prior to the Event.
A WINNER MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE BLACKBERRY DEVICE AND CASE. DEVICE AND CASE WILL NOT BE SHIPPED TO WINNERS. WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRAVEL TO AND FROM THE EVENT AND ALL ASSOCIATED EXPENSES (INCLUDING ANY ACCOMMODATION IF REQUIRED). ONLY WINNERS (AND NOT GUESTS) WILL RECEIVE A BLACKBERRY DEVICE AND CASE.
Activation, airtime, service and accessories not specifically identified as included with the Device as part of the Prize are the responsibility of winner (“Winner”). Sponsor is not responsible for any third-party products or services used by a Winner with the Prize.
A Winner’s guest (“Guest”) must be at least 18 years of age and must be accompanied at the Event by Winner. Each Guest will be required to complete, sign and return an Attendance Waiver and Release of the Liability form as required by Sponsor before being permitted to attend the Event.
A Winner and his/her Guest must comply with all venue security requirements at the Events. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove the Winner and/or a Guest from the Event due to non-compliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct. Sponsor and Competition Administrator will not be responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the Event in whole or in part. If the Event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in whole or in part, alternate arrangements will be made for delivery of the Device and case to a winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Event tickets, where issued prior to the Winner.
Winners will receive an email approximately after they have been confirmed, providing details on the time and location of the Event. Prizes are not transferrable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, state and local taxes arising from receipt of the Prize.
6. LICENSE TO USE: By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
7. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries, emails or tweets or for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition or by any technical or human error or fraud, which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Competition including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing of Entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Competition-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her Entry(ies) who tampers with the entry process.
8. RIGHT TO MODIFY OR SUSPEND: If for any reason any aspect of this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, subject to applicable laws, Sponsor may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected Entries. In the event that the reason for the modification or suspension cannot be rectified and the Competition has to be cancelled or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received up until the time of such action. In the event of such an occurrence Sponsor may post a notice on @BlackBerry.
10. RELEASE: By entering, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor, Competition Administrator, Twitter, and any third party retained by or on behalf of Sponsor for the purposes of executing and administering the Competition and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, distributors, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with this Competition and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to their participation in the Competition and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize; and, (b) that under no circumstances will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees or other court costs, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry, on a non-confidential basis, to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees or contractors or obtained from other entrants or sources other than you.
11. GOVERNING LAW: This Competition is governed by, subject to and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the federal, provincial, state, territorial and local laws of England without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute under these Official Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. You irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of England. You further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to these Official Rules.
Any provision in these Official Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
12. WINNER LIST: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed envelope to: #BlackBerry10LDN Competition, A&R Edelman Limited t/a First & 42nd, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT, United Kingdom. All requests for a Winners List must be received between January 25th and February 22nd 2013.
© 2013 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.